10 Helpful Tips On Playing Golf For The First Time Ever
Playing golf for the first time can be challenging but fun. There are so many things to try and remember. The good news is it is easy to remember the basics. There are things you should know that will improve your experience and help you get to know the sport itself. Here are 10 tips for first-time golfers to get you into the game.
- Have proper equipment handy. Learn what essentials are necessary for your golf bag such as the type of clubs you need to play with.
- Learn golf course rules. Each course has rules to help players enjoy their time while encouraging safety.
- Wear proper clothing. You are expected to wear a specific type of shows (to cause less damage to the green) and where other items such as kakis and a button polo shirt. Check with the golf course regarding their dress code.
- Play among friends. It helps to play in small groups of four. Many courses encourage you to play in a group or pairs. This allows you to get needed advice from those that know you.
- Reserve play time on the course prior to arrival. If the course offers lessons or an academy sign up and take advantage of additional instruction and advice.
- Keep flow and movement on the course consistent. When sharing the course among other groups try to move from one hole to the next within reasonable time.
- Fix any divots and try to maintain condition of the course. It is a matter of showing a little respect and appreciation of the course. The course stays in good shape and you make things easier for others who follow your play.
- Know the basics of golf course etiquette. This can be done by reviewing rules at the course and even checking with a reputable golf sources on details you need to know before hitting the green.
- Work with a pro or experienced golfer before hitting the green. If you are very new to the game it won’t hurt to work with an expert. They can help you understand the most common mistakes made and how to correct them.
- Enjoy your round! Don’t forget to have fun. Many golfers forget this when they take the game too seriously.